Whether you believe it or not, we are the ones who control our own happiness. Abraham Lincoln memorably said: ‘most people are as happy as they make up their mind to be’. Here’s a list of a few extra reasons to help you make up your mind to be HAPPY.
- Firstly you are the smartest that you have ever been. Well you didn’t know how to do algebra in the fifth grade, did you?
- Tomorrow has the ability to be better than today. No matter how bad today was, or how good, tomorrow can be even better. Everyone has down days, but there is always a new beginning… tomorrow!
- Happy people are healthier. Seriously, the research proves it. Be happy for your own good!!!!!
- There is something about you that others love… or envy. (Wow intense).
- You’re in the top few percent of wealthy people on this planet. Not so sure about other planets. Just remember, you’ve already won the cosmic lottery.
- Good hair days! Yes everyone likes great hair. 🙂
- Happy people get more done. Do it for you and your productivity.
- Happy people have better friendships and relationships. Think about it, who would you rather hang out with?
- You have the opportunity to make the world a better place. Come on hun, make a difference!
- Enough of that deep stuff. YOU CAN SEE! (Well you are reading this, and that’s awesome.)
- It doesn’t always rain. Rain is fine some days, but it’s been raining a fair bit lately, just makes me glad we don’t live in soggy England. We have sunshine!
- Nutella, hmm maybe bacon. What about Nutella and bacon?
- <<<<B grade movies! Like Snakes on a Plane, and Sharknado, right? (Maybe that’s D grade).
- The smell of spring. It’s simply uplifting.
- There are what seems like an unlimited number of baby animal photos on the internet. Adorable.
- You’re alive!
- Most importantly Mrs Webber has not ripped your arms off…. …well at least not yet.
- The world needs more happy people. If you won’t be happy for yourself at least be happy for the world. It needs you!
- Everything that makes you happy is a gift. Someone’s keen for you to be happy.
- God agrees…“I know that there is nothing better for people than to be happy and to do good while they live.” Yep that’s in the Bible, Ecclesiastes 3:12.
But hey, I’m sure there’s heaps more than 20 reasons to be happy. (Does that make this list 21?)
Make the decision to be happy today!